FOR BULK ORDER REQUESTS PLEASE CONTACT US
Description :Mouse Monoclonal Antibody
Specificity :Recognizes the CDK5 protein
Cited Applications :WB, IHC
Cross Reactivity :Human, Mouse and Rat
Host :Mouse, IgG1, 1H3
Immunogen :Purified rat Cdk5
Formulation :100 ul in 10 mM HEPES (pH 7.5), 150 mM NaCl, 100 ug per ml BSA and 50% glycerol.
Purification :Protein G purified culture supernatant
Stability :Store at 4oC (add 0.1% NaN3) for several months, and at -20oC for longer periods. For optimal storage, aliquot target into smaller quantities after centrifugation and store at recommended temperature. For most favorable performance, avoid repeated handling and multiple freeze/thaw cycles.
Sample Data :Western blot of rat caudate lysate showing specific immunolabeling of the ~ 28kDa CDK5 protein.
Scientific Background :The neuronal protein kinase, CDK5 is implicated in a vast array of normal neuronal functions including regulation of neurotransmitter synthesis (1), the presynaptic vesicle cycle (2), neurotransmitter receptor trafficking, and dopamine neurotransmission (3). CDK5 is active as a heterodimer with a 25 kDa protein. The 25 kDa protein is derived proteolytically from a 35 kDa brain and neuron-specific precursor protein (4). CDK5 phosphorylates a diverse list of substrates and has been implicated in a wide range of neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders, which include Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s, epilepsy, schizophrenia, and drug addiction (5).
1. Kansy, J. et al. Identification of tyrosine hydroxylase as a physiological substrate of Cdk5. J. Neurochem. 2004 91, 374-384.
2. Nguyen, C. et al: Cdk5 and the mystery of synaptic vesicle endocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2003 163, 697- 699.
3. Bibb, J A. et al. Phosphorylation of DARPP-32 by Cdk5 modulates dopamine signaling in neurons. Nature 1999 402, 669-671.
4. Tang, D. et al: Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 (Cdk5) and neuron-specific Cdk5 activators. Prog Cell Cycle Res. 1996;2:205-16.
5. Dhavan, R. et al: A decade of CDK5. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2001 Oct;2(10):749-59.
Product Sheets (By Lot #) :
Research Areas :Cancer, Cell Cycle, Ser/Thr Kinases, Cancer, Cell Cycle, Ser/Thr Kinases